So, when I first went natural, I tried so many products with futile results. My hair was perpetually dry and I never seemed to get good results from products that I had read rave reviews about.I knew it was because my strands were clogged with so much junk that no product will get it moisturized (not even water!).
That is when I decided I was going to re-discover my hair. I follow naptural85 on YouTube and upon seeing her success with the Terressentials hair wash, I took the plunge and bought a bottle of it. Since using it, my coils are back and my hair is like I've never seen before...moisturized and naturally beautiful!
This is my current regimen:
- I wash my hair every two weeks and when I do, I use the Terressentials Hair wash
- After washing my hair, I might apply a leave-in if I feel that my hair needs it, in that case, I will use one of the three below:
- my Modified kimmaytube leave-in which consists of:
- a mixture of equal parts Aloe Vera juice and Knot today leave-in.
- or I might use the Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
- I like the above leave-in because it is light and I can use it a mid-week moisturizer
- I might also use the Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
- I love this especially when I'm planning to do a twist out. It gives me a nice but mild hold and enhances definition.
- On the other 2 weeks I don't wash my hair, I will rinse my hair with water and apply a conditioner and leave it in for 15 to 20 minutes (this serves as my Deep Conditioning treatment)
- I use Aubrey Organics GPB (if I feel a need for a little protein)
- or Aubrey organics Honeysuckle rose conditioner (great moisture!)
- Shea butter mixture : For sealing my hair. I'm light-handed on this as many of the leave-ins have added oil that can help with sealing too.
- Henna: I Henna about once every month. I buy my henna from my local Indian store.
- I wear a lot of flat twist updos recently because I find that it is the easiest protective style for me since I have fine hair (individual twists look horrendous on me!)
- I will leave my flat-twist in for about 5 day (I get really antsy) and then bun it for two days until it's time for my wash or DC.
- I might wear the occasional twist-outs which I do by putting in 5 or 6 flat twists
- I might occasionally wear my hair in a wash-and-go but only for a maximum of 2 days. Otherwise, detangling is a pain.
- I only finger detangle this is after realizing that I don't have the capacity to be gentle with a tool like a comb; I end up pulling out all my hair. Finger detangling works really well, especially since using the Hair Wash.