I want to first of all say thank you to all the fabulous ladies who replied to this entry. I just have one request to make before I start posting the entries. Could you please send pictures of you/your hair to email@example.com. We all know how we love to look at pictures of fabulous natural hair especially since there are so few that show ladies like us who have fine hair. Once I get the pictures, I will match them to the submissions and start posting. Please identify in your email which post corresponds to your pictures. Thank you so much. Chichi. *
After my post on BGLH about the struggles of being a 'fine-haired' natural, I realized that many of us have no platform to share and connect with each other. I designed the following conversation points to get us to engage with and encourage each other. Even though it's a series of questions, I really intend for it be a discussion amongst us...a place to share tips and tricks we've picked up along the way.
Please include as many pictures as you'd like - more is always better :) I will post entries as I receive them so please fill out the below (add additional entries as you see fit) and email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks :)
· Your name and a little about yourself
· Why did you go natural?
· How would you describe your hair in terms of density, strand thickness & porosity
· Please share a few of the general challenges you’ve contented with so far with your natural hair care routine?
· What has been your challenges/rewards regarding styling and length retention?
· Do you have a fixed regimen? If so, what is it? if not, why not
· What are your thoughts on WNGs vs protective styling
· What is/are your long term goals regarding your hair care?
· With regards to styling & length retention, what’s more important: “following the rules”, psychological satisfaction or “other”?
· Despite all the challenges, what makes being natural worth it?
· Please share one styling/hair care tip that has been invaluable to you and ask the community to share special tips they’ve got.