|More Pictures at the end.Click to enlarge.|
So, I haven't worked out in over 7 weeks (Africa, sick etc...excuses excuses) so eve though I haven't gained weight, I lost a lost of muscle mass and all that and I need to remedy that. You know what, I'm never scared of restarting because it is a lifelong journey this healthy lifestyle thing is. So as long as it's always in my mind, I'm going to restart as long as I need to and there's no shame to my game! yup!
So anywhos, I'm going to be trying intermittent fasting (IF) because the research checks out and it works better than 6 meals/day for my lifestyle. I probably will write a more in-depth post on it but for now, I will provide a bunch of links to great articles so you can check it out yourselves.
Ultimately, no matter what method you choose to get fit with, the most important aspect if maintaining a caloric deficit while doing resistance training. This minimized muscle loss while consistently losing fat (which is what we want to do. So it's not just about the weight, it's making sure than the weight we're losing is mostly fat and minimally muscle (more on that later).
So, here's what I'll be doing:
- Calories needed for a 20% deficit: 1600 calories while sticking to my macros. Here's how.
- Weight Training: 3X/week (I'm going to be lifting HEAVY!). The program.
- Cardio: 3X/week of moderate cardio of my choosing.
- Oh btw, lifting heavy trumps cardio any day for fat loss. Here's why
- 14 hours fasting and 10 hours feeding. Everything on Intermittent Fasting (IF) and here are real life results following it.
Starting stats: 170lbs (other measurements to start including my starting weights I'm lifting)
|Before IF January 2013|